Happy May, everyone! Are you headed to any gatherings where you want to contribute a healthy dish? Enough with the processed chips, cookies, and breads. It’s time to set a new trend!
I’ve got a great, EASY alternative for you to take along to your next gathering! It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day barbecues, or any casual get together.
I have been making this salsa for over a decade now, and every time I take it to an event, the bowl ends up completely empty. It’s a crowd pleaser! Not only is it simple to make, it’s inexpensive too! Winning!
It’s exploding with nutrients. Everything from the fiber and protein of the black beans to the natural health and healing properties found in the vegetables, herbs, and oil. Not a single artificial ingredient!
So are you ready to gobble this stuff up?
Time to Make the Crowd Pleaser
(If you prefer to not use canned items, simply use fresh, whole versions of each ingredient)
1 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 15 ounce can corn niblets (rinsed and drained)
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (rinsed and drained)
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
a few squeezes of lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion. Stir to mix.
- Chop fresh cilantro and add to the black bean combo. Mix well.
- Next, add the onion and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I don’t use more than a pinch of each.
- Once all items are mixed together, squeeze a little lime juice over the bowl and then stir to mix the flavors.
- Let bean salsa chill in the refrigerator for an hour or more before serving.
- Pair with your favorite veggies or tortilla chips (I love grain free Siete chips) and ENJOY!
Bring Health and Wellness to Your Next Gathering
Remember, social gatherings don’t have to be filled with unhealthy options. Bring along what you would prefer to eat. I have never met a host or hostess who did not appreciate extra contributions. So, have fun creating this simple, delicious salsa and watching how quickly it disappears!
For more healthy recipes, be sure to visit the Health & Wellness section. Also, if you enjoy what you’re reading, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to stay posted on upcoming content. Hope to see you soon!