Okay, I am obsessed with these cookies.
I like recipes that are super simple, quick, healthy, and delicious! If you’re like me, you simply don’t have hours every day (or any day) to spend in the kitchen. These 3 ingredient cookies are so quick to make and bake!
These banana cookies are vegan, gluten-free, and very tasty! In my house, they don’t last very long. You can eat them for breakfast or as a snack on the go! They’re also simple to pack in a lunch box as a healthy treat!
Can Cookies Actually Be Healthy?! Heck Yeah!
The best part about them is….they’re healthy! I don’t mind my four year old son asking me for a cookie because I know these have healthy ingredients that will fuel his body.
The three main ingredients are banana, gluten-free oats, and nut butter. You can add chia seeds too for added Omega 3s! If you need something chocolatey, you can also add chocolate chips.
Let’s Get Baking!
Are you ready to try them for yourself? Here’s how easy it is:
Preparation: You’ll want to freeze 3-4 bananas (without their peels) a few nights ahead of time.
The night before you bake the cookies, put 3-4 frozen bananas in a ziplock baggie and defrost in your refrigerator. Don’t be put off by the appearance of defrosted frozen bananas (ooey, gooey, and brown). They bake best when they’re this way, trust me!
- 1.5 cups of gluten free rolled oats (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 3-4 defrosted bananas
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I prefer 100% unsalted peanut butter)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of black chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, bananas, and nut butter. Use a fork or spoon to mash and combine ingredients together.
- If you’re adding chia seed or chocolate chips, you can add them after the first 3 ingredients are combined.
- Once everything is combined, grab a fistful of dough and form into a ball and place on the parchment paper. Continue doing this for the rest of the dough batter.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes (mine are usually ready at 12 mins). Cookies should be lightly browned and not too mushy, but not too hard!
- Let cookies cool either on the baking sheet or on a wire rack.
- *These cookies will not spread on the baking sheet while cooking
So Good You’re Going to Want to Make More!
So there you have it! I told you they were easy! Now it’s up to you to see just how delicious they are! This recipe yields about 15 cookies or so. They go pretty fast in my household and I’m confident they will in yours too, so you might want to double the recipe!
I hope you enjoy this healthy treat! Let me know what you think!
As always, if you’re loving what you’re reading, please SUBSCRIBE to the Sensitive Soul newsletter where you’ll be the first to hear about new posts, exclusive discounts on my favorite products, and upcoming freebies!